Friday, September 2, 2011

They Won't Go There


I've heard it said that it's foolishness to believe in God. That's what all the smart people say. You know who I'm talking about … the intellectual ones that have all the right answers with the knowledge that the college professors and university instructors have filled their tiny little minds with at these institutions of higher education.

This type of thinking can include science, sociology, philosophy or any other category dealing with the study of human opinion. They all come up with the same result … that man is at the top of the food chain. Man has become his own god.

But in my simple thinking … the intellectual ones with all the education have never given me the answer I need that totally satisfies the simplest question I believe that can be asked. "How did the universe come into being if there is no God?"

I've heard many theories over the years that supposedly become "fact" just because some scientist declares it to be so. After all … he has the education and the degree. And when I am told that an ameba crawled out of a swamp, grew legs and eyes from the sun shining on warts … I'm supposed to believe it? Get real. Don't insult what little intelligence I have.

Just what is an ameba anyway? It's a … "Naked parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion." What? Are you kidding me? These things would die before they could grow into anything else.

Did you ever talk to a child about 5 or 6 years old? They play the … "Why" … game with you. If you try to explain something to them, many times you hear … "Why?" So you give another answer and get another … "Why?" On and on it goes, right?

You see, I play the same game with those who refuse to even look at or consider the intelligent design found in creation. My question to them can also be unending … "Where Did That Come From?"

Everything needs a start, a beginning, so I just walk them back in time as far as they want to go. A million years, 500 million, 200 billion … it doesn't really matter. If science claims that some unknown spore started life on the earth, I want them to tell me … "Where Did That Come From?" In fact, when that question was addressed by the scientific community, do you know what they said?

"It came from some other galaxy in the universe. It came from outer space."

Brilliant. With this answer, all they have done is move the problem somewhere else … they haven't answered the question. The scientific community says … "We will follow this question of how the world began and pursue the answer wherever it leads us."

Except when it leads to God. They won't go there. Not God. Not a creator.

Okay, let's go on further. If this "spore or whatever" came from somewhere else in the universe, this creates another problem. Where did the universe come from? Oh yes, I forgot … the big bang theory.

Even if there was a big bang … wouldn't it only be a reaction from something already there. Then the real question would be … what is the first cause that created the big bang? Where did that material or substance come from? It couldn't have come from outer space … because the big bang started the whole universe … right? So how did they solve this problem?

Science has now decided that it is possible, without anything being there … no sub-atomic particles, nothing, absolutely nothing … that a cosmic explosion happened. From absolutely nothing. Give me a break.

Someone find me a 5 or 6 year old child. I would like him or her to explain to these intellectuals the meaning of … nothing. Nothing is … nothing. Even basic math agrees with that. If you have zero and you add another zero to it, it's still zero. Yes, I understand that theoretically in mathematics if you subtract 10 from 0, in theory you get negative 10.

But in the real world where I live … if I don't have any money in my pocket and I reach into my pocket to take out a dime … I don't end up with a negative 10 cents. In reality my hand is still empty. Nothing will always be nothing … unless something is added to it. Something material. If I add a dime to the nothing in my pocket, I will now have something in my pocket … the dime I put there.

But you know what? I really am amazed at everything man has accomplished through science. But I think scientific knowledge about … "nothing" … has exceeded their understanding.

Nothing is nothing. There is nothing too explode. Except my mind … thinking that this is why the world is in the mess it's in. They are the same idiots who are running the world. They are educated beyond their intellect.

There is no other answer. The universe has a creator. There is a God. But science won't go there … even though it leads there.

In the oldest book of the Bible, we find a description of the universe in Job 26:7 … "He (God) … hangeth the earth upon nothing."

Before anyone knew or thought about the earth being round, the Word of God proclaimed it almost 3,000 years ago in Isaiah 40:22 … "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth …"

Isaiah 42:5 … "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein …"

Science has proven that the universe is increasing in size. All the galaxies are moving away from each other. God is stretching them out just like Isaiah said.

Isaiah 44:24 … "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things …"

Isaiah 51:13 … "Forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth …?"

This is exactly the problem with man in general; he has forgotten that we have a maker and creator. But this is not the problem with science. The problem with science is, if they come up with a hypothesis or theory that includes the possibility of God; along with God comes the possibility of God's judgment some day.

And that's the one place they won't go.

I've said many times … "They are wasting their time trying to find intelligent life somewhere else in the universe. They can't even find intelligent life here on earth."



Comments welcome.

2 comments:

wolfy ghalkhani said...

Beautifully written. can I post it on my FB?

Following Him said...

Wolfy ... Sure. You can use anything I post. Everything is God's anyway, not mine.

If you see fit ... post the link so others can stop by also.

Thanks ...