Tuesday, May 13, 2014

To Give Praise Unto God


Man can only imagine what the throne room of Heaven must be like.  I do not know when God created this place where He dwells, but I'm pretty sure it was in the very far distance of the dateless past.  But we do have a hint in the Word of God of what Heaven must sound like

We do know that the universe, including our Milky Way galaxy and our tiny little Earth is hundreds of millions of years old.  I know ... some Christians believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old.  That's the recreation spoken of in Genesis 1:2 after the fall of Satan.  I believe if it takes millions of light years for a distant star or galaxy's light to reach earth ... then the universe must be at least that old.

I only bring this up as a base line profile to help us consider the length of time that angels, called in scripture living creatures or living things ... who rest not day and night, have been crying out continual praise in the throne room of Heaven, saying ... "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come."  That's found in Revelation 4:8.

I've been in worship services where the music, the singing and the heart felt praise almost lifts you right into the presence of the Lord.  But I wonder what it would be like if you were actually standing around God's throne.  Can you imagine yourself there ... where these four living creatures are praising God, and by extension, Jesus, the Lamb of God ... hearing their praise that has never ceased up to now.

Music and singing were created not by man ... but for man ... so he could worship and praise God with real meaning, with real depth, giving God his utmost thanksgiving and worship.  Did you know that the Christian religion is the only religion with a song book?  Do you know why none of the others have one?  It's real simple ...

They have nothing to sing about.     

So continuing ... Heaven has never been without the sound of these living creature's voices in praise.  Evidently that's all they do or have ever done.  It's why they were created ... to give praise unto God ... because He is worthy, and His holiness demands it.

But these living creatures will become silent as will all of Heaven during the middle of the 7 year tribulation.  Revelation 8:1 ... "And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."  This silence marks a notable change ... something is going to take place in the middle of this 7 year period.

Could it be ... that the One these living creatures are singing praise too ... Jesus, the Lamb of God ... is no longer in heaven, but has left to rapture His bride, His believers before judgment is poured out during the last 3-1/2 years of the "Great Tribulation" coming upon the earth.  (Food for thought.)     

Holiness ... what these living creatures are singing about is something we really can't completely understand.  The closest we can come to being holy, is living out our salvation in the righteousness of Christ.  We can only live holy, meaning living as free from sin as we can ... after ... we have received the gift of Christ's righteousness.

If you are born again ... you are righteous ... but only in Christ.  But it's up to you to live ... holy.  Holiness is a lifestyle.

"But as He which hath called you is Holy, so be ye Holy ... because it is written, Be ye Holy; for I am Holy."  1st Peter 1:15-16  (edited)

I don't know about you ... but for me, if I have unconfessed sin in my life, something, anything I haven't dealt with ... I find I can't worship as I should.  I find it hard to open my mouth and praise the Lord, or raise my heart in my hands unto Jesus during a worship service ... or even when I am alone with Him.  It's as if something is in the way.

The Apostle Peter had the answer.  "... so be ye Holy ..." 

Warning ... do not confuse self-righteousness with the righteousness Jesus gave you.  It won't work.  You don't have any of your own.  

So ... give God your utmost as you live daily, and especially your utmost in worship and praise.

The results will begin to amaze you.

 
(Comments will be posted by moderator.)


4 comments:

Kathy Horath said...

Fascinating. I love how I just got the picture in my head of unending singing.

How I have longed to be there in that room worshiping without distraction!

Following Him said...

Someday Kathy we will be. It will be even better than anything we have heard on this side. And in your case if I have understood you right ... perfect hearing. Someday ...

Unknown said...

I once heard it said ... And it really struck a chord of understanding for me ... That "not quite there" feeling we as Christians so often experience; that need for more; that subtle sense of wanting just a little more of God's Presence...that feeling of never "quite" getting there... (I'm not talking about works or legalism...I'm speaking of hunger)...

It's supposed to be that way. We will never be fully satisfied on this side. We get "tastes," but our thirst & hunger is never (and cannot be) fully satisfied on earth....it will only be in His ACTUAL Presence that we will finally feel the satisfaction & release of total & complete fullness in Him.

So this writing about worship reminds me of that.

Following Him said...

I guess that's why so many have said that "this is not my home." We are just strangers passing through.