Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mom's Poem


Mom went home to be with the Lord some time back. I guess it must have been a couple of years ago by now. Time goes by so quickly … and faster the older you get.

I found this poem stuck away in her old worn out study Bible. It wasn't really what you would call a study Bible … but did she ever study each and every word in it. She knew most of them. She lived them by the help and grace of God.

I have no idea who wrote this little poem, but it must have meant something to her if she kept it all these years. It looks really old as the paper it was printed on was real brown looking from age.

I am sure that Mom prayed the last line for her family each and every day of her life right up to the end. Now she is with Jesus.


I Said Today

I said a prayer for you today and know God must have heard,
I felt the answer in my heart, although He spoke no word.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame, I knew you wouldn't mind.
I asked Him to send treasures of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that He'd be near you at the start of each new day,
To grant you health and blessings and friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you in all things great and small,
But it was for His loving care I prayed the most of all.

2 comments:

Ms Linda Darlene said...

Hello,
I am commenting on one of your very old posts. I have been researching this poem and have found you. I am the original author of this poem and have just recently realized it is all over the internet
I do not know if the one written on the old discolored paper in your mother's Bible is the one I hand wrote to a Church member 30 years ago or not. But it may be.
My name is Linda and The original was written by hand only once and I never made a copy. I lived in California at the time.
Please let me know if your Mother lived there or knew someone who did that may have passed it to her.
Thank you so much for taking time to help me track this down.
Lord Bless You,
Ms Linda Darlene

Following Him said...

Ms Linda Darlene ... Yes my mother lived in California during the 2nd world war. She also went to Life Bible College in L.A. I don't know how or when she received this poem. She was from the Pittsfield, Illinois area. Sorry I can't help you any more than that. God bless.