Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Home From Retreat ... Again

I'm setting here at my keyboard trying to decide if I should even bother with such a short story. I just received an e-mail from my daughter telling her mom and me about the last women's retreat she attended.

I've written about them before; this time I think I will just tell you of her closing thoughts and what the Lord spoke to her as she drove back home.

As was usual, God blessed with His anointing by taking her a little deeper into worship, filling her up with His presence, etc.

But now I want to give you her thoughts and the Lord's response back to her. She wrote …

"So on the drive home, I was so full, but a little sad that it was over, and suddenly Jesus appeared again and said … 'Sweetheart, don't you understand? It will only keep getting better! This is not over. This is just the beginning!'

And the floodgates opened once again and I didn't know how I was possibly going to walk into my house … And the realization came so strongly for the 1st time in my life that there will come a day that I will actually be spending the rest of eternity in His presence and I will never have to have that leaving feeling again. I'm full."


Wow … I know that Jesus never leaves us, that's a promise from the Word. But like her, I really never thought a whole lot about us never walking away physically from His presence. It's gonna' be good!!!!

No comments: