Friday, August 1, 2008

Brenda

I really don't remember how long it has been since my wife and I met this girl working a check-out lane at a store we were shopping in. I really didn't pay that much attention to her at the time. But I do remember that she was pretty and had a nice smile.

A couple of weeks later we ended up in her lane again, but this time I remembered just what it was that made me take notice of her before. It wasn't just how she looked. There was something about her spirit, the look in her eyes that made me want to say … "can I help?"

She had a beautiful natural smile; I could tell it was genuine, but I was drawn to whatever I saw in her eyes at the time. In my spirit I again thought … "is there a need I can help you with?" So, I started asking her about the Lord knowing He was the one person who would provide all the "peace and joy" I thought maybe she needed. But I was wrong; not about the Lord, but about her.

As I found out, she was and still is "a believer in Jesus," a sister I didn't know I had; well really more like another daughter, for I would guess she must be twenty years younger than I am. That look in her eyes, as it turns out was nothing more I believe than, "a disposition of humility, mixed in with a little shyness."

Why am I writing about all this? Today, this "beautiful representative of Jesus;" and that is an accurate description of her; asked us to pray for a need that concerns someone she loves. I now know why "my spirit" was drawn to her spirit. God was in the process of bringing us together for a reason. There are no accidents with God. My wife and I are supposed to be part of a prayer circle of believers that are praying for this request that is on Brenda's heart. It's that important. God started the process before the need was known.

If you would like to be part of this move of God; I am asking all those who read this posting to also join us in "prayer" for this need. I don't know why God works through "prayer" … but He does.

"Help us pray" for a young ten or eleven year old girl who has just been diagnosed with "leukemia." I believe she is a niece of Brenda's, our new found Christian friend and sister or "daughter" in the Lord.

I don't know about you, but if either one of my little girls had anything like this wrong with them, then or now as adults, I would be asking every believer I know to be praying for her. I wouldn't give up, and I'm not going to give up now!

The Bible records in Genesis and Hosea, that Jacob …"wrestled with the Angel of the Lord (who was the manifestation of Jesus) and prevailed … Jacob wept and sought God's favor."

What I want to tell you today is this; when we struggle or wrestle in prayer for anything, even a young girl with "leukemia;" hold on to God with the same tenacity, the persistent determination and strength, that Hosea said caused Jacob "to prevail over God," and receive a blessing from Him.

This little girl's name is "Faith" … which is what I am asking you to use when you pray. Use the measure of faith you received when you were born again; put it to use now by asking God to restore "Faith" back to total health.

Like you, I have never seen her; I may never see her in this life, but God sees and knows her and is waiting on our faith in Him to ascend to His throne, carried there by our pleading hearts in prayer for this little girl. Let's hold on to God as Jacob did until "Faith" prevails over this cancer.

If I may, let me encourage you in the healing power of God that we still have yet today in and through ... "the name of Jesus."

It's been about a year and a half ago that a brother in our church found out that the lump growing on the side of his chest was cancer. It grew to about the size of a grapefruit. Doctors gave him no hope. But his wife started praying, asking God to take control. She asked the church to join with her in prayer and over the next few weeks that cancer just disappeared from his side without surgery of any kind. It's been almost two years and it's still gone. Praise the Lord! Praise God!

God did it. God alone. God all by Himself, without any help from the doctors. He doesn't need it. God sometimes just comes on the scene and takes control. We don't need to tell Him what needs to be done. He knows, He cares, He can and He will do what needs to be done. That's what I'm asking Him for here.

I believe I now know why the Lord brought Brenda into our lives. So we would be able to stand with her in time of trouble; and trouble is now here. So I'm asking you to go before the Lord with us, and ask for God's mercy and grace and His healing power for this young girl with the perfect name … "Faith."

May God's blessings be upon those of you that stand with … "Faith."

2 comments:

phil said...

Isn't it interesting how our LORD goes before us; actually ordering our steps day by day thruout our pilgrimage thru this thing we refer to as life. I wholeheartedly agree with your statement "No accidents with GOD"! We love the thought of wrestling with GOD and the thought of prevailing too. Please add us to the Circle of Prayer with regard to Brenda's niece, FAITH. How awesome is this name. And how appropriate to stand with Faith during this trial. Thank You for looking for opportunities to introduce JESUS into the mix. I stand arm in arm with you as we do spiritual warfare in this matter.

Blessings.

Phil

Anonymous said...

hi the little girl is 9 almost 10 yrs. old she is my husbands cousins daughter sorry about the unclear expl of relation she is truly a child in need of being brought to the Father in prayer her parents also apprec. all the prayer support in this time of need We know the Lrod isputting so many prayer warriors in my path for me to ask them to pray thank you for following the guideance of the Holy Spirit you and your wife are a blessing to me (esp on tuesdays)we never know when we may be someones answer to a prayer