Monday, July 28, 2008

He's Free

In one of my postings entitled "God Spoke To Me Today" I wrote about my grandson getting perhaps his last chance to change his life and secure his future. Last night as I was once again talking to the Lord, no … talking "with" the Lord; there is a difference you know; I felt as if He was showing me just why he is responding so well at the National Guard Lincoln's Challenge.

He has been doing great in the structured environment that's run like a boot camp for the new recruits. He has even been made one of the group leaders. When the new recruits were tested for G.E.D. placement for schooling, he scored 12.9 out of a possible 12.9, the highest average there.

How is this possible? My grandson, when left with a choice before, would always choose the easiest way out, like he was "drawn" to the wrong choice. His actions made me believe the phrase was true that says … "If the devil can't pull you into something, he will get behind and push." That was exactly the problem.

But now something is different. Last night I believe God showed me what has happened, what has been making the difference this time in his life.

He has finally been set … "free." First of all I want to make clear, "It's all God." Yes, we have been praying; we've been praying for a long time. But prayer didn't do it … Jesus did.

John 8:36 … "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

So what happened this time, what changed? I can't be sure; but what the Lord showed me I will try my best to explain.

Ephesians 6:12 … "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

This is exactly what has been going on in my grandson's life; and we knew it; which was the reason we were praying for him. I don't believe for one minute that he had anything more wrong with him than the spiritual power of the "darkness of this world" following him around and "oppressing" him. Paul said we wrestle against this "spiritual wickedness."

What changed? He finally became "obedient" to God when he decided to go to this military school. When he climbed aboard that bus … "God took over."

Thank God. Praise the Lord! I want to always give "all" the praise and glory to Jesus. He gets it all. We can't even take credit for praying; it's always the Holy Spirit who prompts us to pray anyway; so I give God the credit even for that. Sorry, I got side tracked a little. I want to make sure God gets "all" the glory He deserves "all" the time.

What changed? Now bear with me here; by being "obedient" to God's will, the "spirit" or "spirits" that the enemy of his soul, Satan, had assigned to "oppress and trouble" him the past few years; whatever influence or pressure they had on his life was over when God "commanded them to leave" thereby allowing my grandson's true self and character to be in control without the outside interference from "the forces of darkness" that had been oppressing him.

I don't know where they went; I don't care. All I know is that they "were" his main problem in the past, but not anymore. They are now gone. Jesus has set him "free!" Therefore he is … "free indeed."

He is now able to operate and choose for himself what he wants to do, without the "spirit of darkness" counseling him to always go the wrong way. I feel as though these … (for lack of a better word) … "evil spirits" that had been assigned to him, knew it was over. I don't believe they even tried to put up a fight this time.
Satan is subject to the government of God and must obey His command.

His freedom from the "influence of oppression" was finally ordered by the Lord; he would no longer have to listen to the "noise of the world" that was all around him. When he stepped aboard that bus to go to this military school … it was all over. God took control. God alone. God all by Himself. God doesn't need our help. God knows what He wants to do in my grandson's life and God has started the process.

Yes we prayed. But it was God, not us. We will continue to pray; but God's the one who's going to continue "His work" reshaping and restoring my grandson.

Why did God wait till now to set Him "free?" I don't know; it must have been time. Sometimes God waits "until there is no other option" before He gives us the answer to prayer. That way we know it's Him and Him alone. Maybe that's what finally happened here. It doesn't matter now … "God has taken over."

Take to heart what I've said here; do with my words what ever you like. I'm not even sure I am supposed to share this with anyone. But I have for only one reason; to encourage anyone praying for their kids or grandkids. God is no respecter of persons, so he will do the same for you.

God is goodall the time.


Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Debbie (Sis) said...

I don't have any verification from the Lord on this (yet) so it just may be my opinion but I think the "why now" is due to Caleb finally submitting. I have seen Caleb when he has asked for prayer---when his parents and loved ones were present. I wasn't convinced that his heart was really saying "God I want this freedom taht only you can offer." It was as though he were going through the motions to please those around him. I believe that something broke in Caleb. His parents made one of the most difficult decisions that they could make with regards to their child/young adult. They made the decision and involved numerous prayer warriors who made petitions to Christ. Christ, then interceded on behalf of Caleb to God. I think that when Caleb got on that bus there was a finality in that decision and now it was between him and God. No parents in the middle. No grandparents at the sidelines. He had to face God one on one. A lot of prepartory work had already been done by God to soften his heart---most probably through all those prayers with Phil and the other elders and his loved ones. But there was a showdown and Caleb bowed to the supremacy of the Lord. Once we allow Him to be sovereign He takes care of everything else---freeing Caleb from each and every demonic influence that hindered him. I don't believe that Caleb has any psychiatric illnesses---I think this was all spiritual (again just my opinion). I praise God for Caleb's freedom and will continue to pray that Caleb continues to follow the path set before him ---God's path---not man's. I love all of you very much and long to hear more and more positive testimonies regarding Teresa, Jim, Caleb and Morgan. Love, Debbie

Following Him said...

Debbie

Thank you for your "confirmation" as to the timing of the Lord in Caleb's life.

The one thing I have learned just the past couple of years is that above most other things, God wants us to be "obedient" to His will. I have asked God why He had me do certain things, pray a certain way, lay my hands on the sick for example (by His order) and then … still nothing.

Obedience … that's what He is teaching and wanting, at least with me. That's all I have to do; go when He says …"go," do when He says …"do;" and then the most important thing … leave everything, including the results to Him.

So, thank you again for confirming most likely when and why the change in Caleb's life took place.

Thank you for loving our grandson and thank you for your much valued relationship with not only Caleb and Teresa, but with God the Father and Jesus our Lord; for He is waiting on His children to come to Him with their requests on the behalf of others. God really enjoys giving life and help to those who ask Him.

Our Father … that's who He is and what He does. It's His heart of love … He can't help Himself. It just comes out of Him.

Much love … your "older" brother.

Unknown said...

ok dad, I concur. When I first read this posting, I wasn't sure I agreed, as I shared with you. I felt there were other factors involved. And in your infinite humor, you replied "in time, you will." ha ha. I just read Debbie's posting, and now it makes sense to me. I don't think I had "heard" the point you were making about Caleb finally submitting -- I was focused in on your statement that God just declared & ordered "it's time." That alone didn't stand with me. I agree 100% with Debbie's explanation of this being the 1st time Caleb has truly submitted - that he finally "broke". When he stepped onto that bus, perhaps no one had any idea of what was actually taking place in the spiritual realm. In Caleb's submission, I'm not sure even he knew what he was really doing. But nonetheless, God came RUSHING down in full authority & unwavering compassion, while Jesus charged forth with His mighty title "The Commander of the LORD's Army" -- woo hoo! I can just hear the LORD's booming voice in the heavenlies ordering & declaring, sending forth His word! Praise God! What He shuts, no man can open. And what He opens, no man can shut. Glory to His Amazing name...I AM!!!!

Debbie -- I do and have always agreed with what you said. I have never believed Caleb's "psychiatric" issues were ever real. I have always believed they were symptoms the enemy had put on him (or whatever he does) in order to disguise & confuse the true issues at hand. He is after all the father of lies.