Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Prayer Warrior Mom



Today you are going to hear from the heart of one of Peg's and my favorite teachers.  She is a mother and grandmother like Peg is.  That means she has gone through many spiritual battles dealing with life as she watched her own children and grand-children find their place in Christ.

With this post, the "KingdomMom," Karen Cooper is reflecting on her own spiritual heritage and the Christian home she was raised in.  As you have most likely already discerned, she is remembering her "Mom" as the prayer-warrior laying hold of the throne of God for her.

Because of what I know about Karen, I'm not even going to ask for her permission to repost this article.  If I did ask, Karen would say ... "Go for it" ... knowing it might help others who need a little nudge to remember their godly moms or become one themselves.  I will leave the link to her blog at the bottom.  Check it out.  Check her out as well.  I think you will find someone who's goal in life is to represent Jesus in everything they say and do.
    
So ... soak in some of her Holy Spirit anointed writing today.
   

"I was not a latch-key kid but I often had to let myself in.  My mother was usually home when I burst through the door. But I wasn’t always met with milk and cookies.  There was another kind of welcome when Mom lost track of time… on her knees.  I remember tiptoeing toward her secret place, hoping to catch a word or two.  What was she praying about?  She was behind the door talking with the Creator of the universe.  Was that my name I heard?  It put the fear of God in me, I tell you.  Dad always said she had a direct line to heaven.  But beyond the godly fear, Mom’s prayers wrapped me in love and security.  They stabilized my perspective, influencing my choices and destiny.

Mom prayed about everything.  She turned my eyes toward Jesus no matter what the circumstance.  From physical to emotional hurts, Mom prayed.  If I faced indecision, she made her requests known.  Never forgetting to thank the Lord for every answer.  Her faith was a constant in my life.  Prayer saturated every detail of our home.  It was a haven.  Not a perfect place but peaceful.  My friends noticed.  They loved coming to my house.  The atmosphere oozed love and kindness, truth and mercy.


Jesus sat on the Throne of our family’s life.  Mostly because Mom constantly invited Him in.  She was alert to our feelings and concerns.  And she knew where to go with every need.  Mom closed the door to distractions in order to talk with God about her family.  My life has been blessed because my prayer-warrior Mom took the time to storm heaven for me."


Were you lucky enough to have this kind of mom?  If you were, thank God for her, and tell your mom ... if she is still around ... just what that meant to you.

May I ask ... have you made your home a place of prayer for your children to develop and grow in the love of God?  If not, it's not too late to start.  If your children are still at home, you can be a spiritual blessing to your children's friends like Karen's mom was.  You may be the one who makes the difference in their lives.

Blessings ... Carl


Karen's blog ... http://www.kingdommom.com

No comments: