Saturday, September 20, 2014

Moses Met Jesus


Did you know that Moses met Jesus in the person of "the Angel of the Lord" when he saw a burning bush on Sinai, the mountain of God, that ... "burned with fire, yet was not consumed."

I am convinced that in Scripture, everywhere the Angel of the Lord is seen ... it is a manifestation of Jesus before He was born of Mary.  He also appears as Captain of the Lord's host, the forth man in the fiery furnace, and numerous other places.  It is to be noted that the Angel of the Lord is never seen again in Scripture after Jesus is born of Mary as the Son of God.  Until then, Jesus was God the Word. 

If you read Exodus 3:1-15, you will see the following three persons in this story ... 1.) the Angel of the Lord appearing to Moses in the fire; 2.) you will read that the Lord sees Moses stop and turn aside to see why the bush is not burned; and 3.) you hear God tell Moses after He calls him by name ... "you are going to set My people free." 

So Moses asks the One speaking to him, "Who will I tell them, sent me?  What's your name?"   And God responds ... "tell them, I AM has sent you."  And then God says ... "this is My name forever."

That is my summery of the introduction of Jesus to Moses.  Almighty God, the "I AM" of the Old Testament also had many titles which showed the nature and personalities of God. 

Here are just a few ... Yahweh, El Shaddai, Adonai, Elohim, Jehovah, and of course the great "I AM."

Concerning the "I AM," and what God means by it ... this is how the Amplified Bible sort of explains this title in Exodus 3:14.

God said … "I AM Who I AM and What I AM, and I WILL BE What I WILL BE."

Okay, I have no argument with that.  We'll let God be whoever He wants to be, including the three in one ... Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Next I want to consider Jesus as the very same ... "I AM" ... but through some of the titles that He is associated with in the New Testament.  I believe the following scriptures show Jesus as the "I AM" of the New Testament.

The Bread of Life … John 6:35 … "I am the Bread of Life.  He who comes to Me will never be hungry."

The Light of the world … John 8:12 … "I am the Light of the world.  He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark."

The Door … John 10:9 … "I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved."

The Good Shepherd … John 10:11, 14 … "I am the Good Shepherd.  The Good Shepherd lays down His own life for the sheep.  I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognize Me."

The Resurrection and the Life … John 11:25 … "I am the Resurrection and the Life.  Whoever believes in Me, although he may die, yet he shall live."

The Way and the Truth and the Life … John 14:6 … "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me."

The Vine … John 15:5 … "I am the Vine, you are the branches."

John recorded seven times where Jesus said that He was … "I AM."

The Apostle Paul states this about Jesus in Colossians 1:15 … "He is the exact likeness of the unseen God."

Concerning Jesus, the writer of Hebrews 1:3 declares … "He is the sole expression ... the perfect imprint and very image of God's nature."

This is why Jesus could say in John 14:9 … "Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father."

Jesus is the ... "I AM" of the Bible.  At least that's my humble opinion.
  


(All scripture ... Amplified Bible.)


Comments are welcome, and will be posted by moderator.

No comments: