Friday, January 25, 2013

Whispering the Name of Jesus



I wonder, if the name of Jesus was spoken more often, would the world be a better place?  I'm not meaning necessarily through the preaching or teaching of the Word of God, although that wouldn't hurt either; but rather by just ... whispering the name of Jesus ... speaking that name out into the spirit realm.

I do that often.  I just breathe out the name of Jesus throughout the day.  By doing so, it keeps me aware of His presence.  When I breathe out the name of Jesus, it seems as if by doing so ... that name cleanses my soul and keeps my attention on Him.  I speak it prayerfully, whether in need or in praise.

By whispering the name of Jesus, it brings a peace that washes over my soul.  It's the soul of man that is always under attack from the things of the world.  Life in general can steal your peace with the many afflictions and problems that come our way. 

Psalms 34:19 speaks to this ... "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all."

But does God's help come automatically?  No, I don't believe it does.  I believe one way to start the deliverance, to open up the door so to speak, the avenue that God will use to bring the answer to you ... is through breathing softly ... the name of Jesus.  But that is just me.  By doing so, you are calling out to Him.  God can hear even the small still voice.  He has really good hearing. 

But if you want to shout that name as loud as you can ... then by all means do so.  The writer of Hebrews 4:16 does say ... "Let us come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."  God won't mind; call out to Him as loud or as soft as you deem necessary.

Many times it's not just "life" that brings trouble.  The same demonic being that caused the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden, is still loose on the earth.  He is still a tempter who delights in bringing as much misery and failure as he can to man.    

When I'm tempted or troubled and I whisper the name of Jesus, that name penetrates out into the spirit realm, which I can't see ... but the devil, the enemy of my soul hears that name, and it keeps him from hanging around me.  You see, he knows there is power in that name.  Just the mention of the name of Jesus causes demonic powers to tremble.

James 2:19 states ... "Thou believest that there is one God ... the devils also believe, and tremble."  (K.J.V.)

The Amplified Bible puts it this way ... "You believe that God is one ... so do the demons believe and shudder in terror and horror, such as make a man's hair stand on end and contract the surface of his skin!"

Notice, the Amplified version describes in much more detail the fear that is caused in the demonic kingdom at just the thought of God's power over them.  They know they are doomed.

The word "tremble" as used in the King James, is the Greek "phrisso" (pronounced fris'-so) and means ... "to shudder, to bristle up or chill with fear, to cause the standing of the hair on end with terror."

Demons believe; but unlike men, never doubt in the fact of God's existence.  Demons do more than just believe this fact ... they shudder at it.  Vincent's Word Studies says this word shudder means ... "to make the hair stand on end, to contract the surface of the skin, making gooseflesh."

In Luke 4:33-35, there was a man in the synagogue in Capernaum that had a demonic spirit which cried out to Jesus ... "Let us alone; are you come to destroy us?  I know who you are, the Holy One of God."  Jesus told him to shut up and cast the demon out of the man.  Demonic powers fear Jesus.  They have dealt with Him before ... and they always lose.

The name of Jesus is not to be used lightly.  It's sacred.  The name ... Jesus ... should be spoken with reverence.  Or as I often do, whispered in the right manner.  When I breathe out the name of Jesus ... I do so in worship, or praise by saying, "Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord."  He knows what your heart's attitude is when you whisper His name.

The Apostle Peter, in Acts 4:12 said ... "There is no other name given ... whereby we must be saved."  May I repeat myself?  That name is sacred.

The Apostle Paul, in describing the name God gave to His Son, said this in Philippians 2:9-11 ... "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord ..."

What do I see in this scripture? 

1.) That God gave Jesus a name above every other name ... period

2.) That every creature's knee should bow at the name of Jesus ... meaning all angels and saints in Heaven; all men and creatures on earth; and those under the earth in the underworld, or hell, the dead awaiting judgment, as well as the demonic spirits chained by God in the darkness of the unseen spirit world.

3.) That every tongue will ... either now or in judgment ... confess that Jesus is Lord.

So ... I encourage you to speak or whisper, the name of Jesus once in a while during your day.  In Luke 6:45, Jesus said something like ... "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." 

Do you have Jesus in abundance in your heart?  Do you have enough to breathe out the name ... Jesus?

Just a whisper ... that's all it takes.  It speaks of need, of praise, of love.  It says ... "Lord I'm trusting you, right now ... in my plenty, or in my want."

He will usually answer ... "in a still small voice." 


No comments: