Thursday, November 10, 2011

Presenting All That He Is

I have heard believers when praying for someone with a physical problem speak directly to the sickness or disease. On the surface that seems a little strange because 1.) a disease has no ears in which to be able to hear the words spoken, and 2.) what if English isn't what this certain disease understands. Okay, I'm being facetious with you.

What I want to do today is see if this practice of speaking to a sickness or disease is proper, and if so, where this kind of action comes from.

The first thing that comes to mind is what Jesus told His disciples in Mark 11:23 ... "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."

Humm ... you know, I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that I would have a better chance of curing a sickness by speaking to it, than I would of changing the landscape by speaking to a mountain. I'm just sayin' ... you know what I mean?

I want everything I believe, which includes my personal doctrine, to be based on what I think the Word of God teaches. I started to say "believe" but "think" might be the right word.

So, according to the words of Jesus in Mark 11:23, there is scripture for declaring with our voice, a command of faith to an entity of some kind, if that is the right word. In this case, it was a mountain ... so why not a sickness or disease?

In Luke 13:16, when Jesus saw a woman bent over who couldn't stand upright, He said that "Satan had bound her for eighteen years," and then He healed her of this condition.

Peter in Acts 10:38 spoke of ... "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

I give you these two scriptures to reference the fact that Satan, or if you prefer ... the devil ... is the one single entity that Jesus had to deal with most of the time. Satan can cause sickness and disease. I am not saying that every time you are sick ... Satan made you sick. But the root cause of sickness can be traced back to him.

Now, why should we be able to do things like talking to mountains or diseases? Listen again to Jesus.

John 14:12 ... "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

The Amplified reads ... "I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father."

You may say, "I've tried doing what Jesus did, I spoke to sickness and nothing happened."

Okay, so have I ... and honestly, most of the time I have had the same result ... nothing. But there may be a reason other than ... "it wasn't God's will at the time." That's what we like to say when nothing happens. Look at the following two scriptures ...

John 14:13-14 ... "And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. [Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM]." (Amplified)

Do you see what I have highlighted in bold print? This is explaining what it means to ... "ask in My Name." Jesus didn't mean just to tack on the words ... "in the name of Jesus" ... at the end of your prayer or declaration of faith. If fact, this isn't just talking about prayer.

It means to ask, or to declare (something as done) in the "authority and character" of the person's name; in this case ... "presenting all that Jesus is" ... the One who has been given "all power both in Heaven and in the Earth."

It's as if you have been given the authority Jesus has. You are in essence ... His "Power of Attorney" on earth. If you don't get anything else from this discussion, please grasp and hide this in your heart ... you are His representative, therefore, "present all Jesus is" when you speak to any mountain you face in your life. Know who you are ... in Jesus.

Will this always assure 100 percent results every time, in every situation no matter what it is? Absolutely not. Why not? Because we are not Jesus ... we just represent Him. He is still the only one who is Lord over all things. Jesus is the one who heals, restores and saves lives.

Let me present a few scriptures that show Jesus speaking, declaring what needed to be done to these various entities, whether they be demonic spirits, or sickness and diseases. And remember, Jesus said ... "He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do."

Matthew 8:16 ... "When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick."

Mark 1:34 ... "And he healed many that were sick of divers diseases, and cast out many devils; and allowed not the devils to speak, because they knew him."

Mark 3:11-15 ... "And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God. And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known. And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him. And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils."

Mark 16:17 ... "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues."

Luke 10:17 ... "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name."

And then we have Peter and John not long after Jesus went back to Heaven ...

Acts 3:2-16 ... "And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple; Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength."


Peter answering those who looked on said ... "Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong."

Notice, Peter didn't pray for this man. He just spoke to the man and said ... "such as I have" ... which was, the power of, "the Name of Jesus." Peter, not wanting those around him to think that he and John healed this man through their own power, states that it was ... the name of Jesus and faith in His name ... "presenting all that He is" that healed him.

I started this article out, by sort of questioning as to whether we should or need to speak to a sickness or disease when praying for healing. I have done this in the past but haven't for quite some time now ... years in fact. I felt like doing so was perhaps, acknowledging the devil since he is the root cause of sickness. That's what he wants ... for you to think he has just as much power as God. He doesn't, he's a lier.

I had the impression if I spoke to him as some do, (like Jesus did) that I was doing exactly what the Apostle Paul, in Ephesians 4:27 told us not to do ... "Neither give place to the devil."

The word "place" means ... a spot, a position, setting up a condition or opportunity. So, not willing to give Satan or any of his works any acknowledgement, I wouldn't rebuke or speak any commands to them. Who was I anyway? But what I would do, is cry unto the Lord for His help, for His healing power.

But now, I must confess to you ... I am beginning to realize just what we really have at our disposal. A weapon to do battle with against the enemy of our souls. I'm speaking of the very same indwelling authority and power that Peter and John professed, and that is ... "the Name of Jesus" presenting "all that He is" when we declare our "faith in that Name."

Oh, I could speak of other things of great importance ... the blood of Jesus and the fact that He came to destroy the works of the devil, which He did ... but my main point today is this ...

When you stand representing Jesus, and you make a statement of faith using the phrase ... "in the Name of Jesus" ... do so with "faith in that Name" and "present all that He is" over any sickness and disease or any mountain you may face in your life, declaring as Peter did what it is that you want done. Remember Jesus said, "the works that I do shall you do also."

The Battle is Real.



Comments welcome.

No comments: