Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nothing Comes By Chance


Isaiah 14:24 … "The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand …"

"… hath sworn …" God is often represented as making use of an oath to denote a strong confirmation, the absolute certainty of what he utters.

"… as I have thought …" God has shaped and drawn the form and image in His own mind as to how it should be.

"… so shall it come to pass …" His thoughts, words and will shall all be accomplished as He has designed or intended them to be; it shall come to pass in His time as everything is that is determined by the Lord.

"… as I have purposed, so shall it stand …" God’s sovereign promises never fail; this shows that nothing comes by chance, but everything … is … as it is purposed of God; and that everything comes to pass and stands which He has resolved as it proceeds from His thoughts of goodness and love.

Isaiah 46:10-11 …"Declaring the end from the beginning … saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure … yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it."

If God has designed, intended and counseled within Himself; the meaning here concerning His conduct is that … He does all things according to the counsel of His own will; and if He has spoken it … each of His purposes shall be accomplished and stand firm, sure, and unalterable no matter what man's thoughts, devices or ways of opposition may be.

Isaiah 55:8-9 … "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

Malachi 3:6 …"For I am the LORD, I change not …"

Change supposes imperfection … and from before the beginning of time to its end, everything God has thought, said or done has been perfect and needs no change or alteration.

These scriptures are proof that God does not change; that whatever His will has determined, whatever His thoughts and purposes are, when He speaks … they will stand … unopposed forever.

The God of the Old Testament is also the God of the New Testament.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This writing gives me chills. I love this one. It makes me love God's Word all over again. The fear of the Lord holds me steadfast.